Mission, Values & Strategic Goals
The Jenkins Foundation seeks to emulate the values of equity, stewardship, and access. These values reflect an ethic that pervades all of Jenkins Foundation’s efforts and represents what partners and the community can expect from its work, board members, and staff.
To improve the well-being of all people in the Richmond region and reduce health disparities through informed, strategic, and impactful philanthropy.
- Equity - We believe all people should have equitable access to quality health care and resources.
- Learning - We seek to remain informed of community needs, assets, and solutions to improve the health of individuals in our region.
- Legacy - We honor the spirit of Annabella R. Jenkins by being responsive to community needs and pioneering solutions.
- Grantmaking - Invest funds to improve the equitable access and quality of health resources in the Richmond region.
- Collaboration and Learning - Achieve greater impact through collaboration and a deeper understanding of the health-related issues in the Richmond region.
- Organizational Capacity - Align culture and resources to achieve impact in grantmaking and collaboration.